- Bachelor’s Degree (engineering or technical degree preferred) or equivalent experience
- 5 years working with regulatory compliance requirements, directive, and regulations (7+ years preferred)
- Experience working with budgeting, billing and project management
- Experience working with Agile PLM and Oracle business systems
- Experience with enterprise applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, SmartSheet and other cloud-based application tools
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Charitable gift matching
- Associate appreciation/recognition programs
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Made to order omelets in our onsite café!
- Free chair massages monthly
- Work at a State of the Art technically advanced office building with outdoor walking trail
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
ABOUT THE JOB
The Product Compliance Manager is the key point of contact within the Company that ensures the business understands, secures and maintains necessary authorizations under global regulatory requirements and environmental product directives, e.g., REACH SVHCs, RoHS, California’s Proposition 65, international approvals for market access, etc. In this role you will ensure compliance standards and requirements are identified and communicated across the organization.
- Identify, develop, and implement compliance requirements for finished products.
- Benchmark compliance and regulatory programs and processes to ensure best practices are identified and leveraged appropriately across the Company.
- Provide leadership and expertise to drive business in the development, implementation and integration of processes, procedures, training and tools necessary to ensure ongoing product regulatory compliance and product risk management.
- Participate in the development of product governance and compliance, including product compliance management, regulatory applicability, etc.
- Act as a consultant to the business to ensure compliant supply chain, new product development and marketing processes are adhered to.
- Monitor emerging issues in the areas of product compliance, regulatory requirements and environmental product directives.
- Review and verify compliance requirements are fulfilled for finished products.
- Represent the Quality Team as it relates to product regulatory compliance by actively participating on new product development projects.
- Assess and coordinate compliance approval activities for finished products by providing testing guidance to production teams, suppliers and overseas business partners.
- Propose new policies and administer existing product compliance policies and standards.
- Provide ongoing training, guidance and support and increasing organizational awareness of operational compliance requirements as it relates to North American and EU regulatory compliance requirements, including REACH SVHCs, RoHS, California Proposition 65 and product safety directives.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, in the proactive identification of key regulatory compliance issues with the ability to determine actionable project proposals and drive them to successful resolution.
- Coordinate testing activities for green testing, market access, and international approvals and follow-up to ensure completion prior to x-factory dates.
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors/Fiberon Decking) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.